Sunday, January 11, 2009

David's First Blog

Hey all. My name is David Gordon and I am a management student at Clemson. I am a sophmore and love the south despite that I've only been here for less than two years now. I am from Macungie, Pennsylvania which is just outside Philadelphia. I'm on the swim team here at Clemson and love everyday of it.
I love my family and they are a huge part of my life. It has been a challenge going to school so far away from them but fortunately I have made a second family here at Clemson which I can rely on for anything. I love all types of music and despite being a northerner I don't completely despise country music haha. I love easy rock like Hootie and Dave Matthews but I don't mind rap music either. I also love all sports and hope to make them a big part of my life and career as I grow older. Sports management/marketing is ultimately where I hope to take my career.
I grew up with an active lifestyle and love being outside. Playing games and sports, fishing, working and vacationing are all activities that I truely enjoy.
I've been swimming ever since I was 5 and it has always been a big part of my life. I played soccer and baseball until high school but did not excel in anything else like I had in swimming. I was state champion in high school and an all-American as well. This success inspired me to pursue swimming in college along side with my academics goals. This search took me all up and down the east coast including Florida State, University of Virginia and the University of Maryland but no school appealed to me the way Clemson University had through it's campus, people and notorious academic stature.
Feel free to introduce yourself and talk to me; I love meeting new people!

No comments:

Post a Comment